Sunday, August 2, 2009

A7.THE BRIDEAU ISSUE

A7.:

LUTZ E. BECKER
Wolfville, NS.


June 29, 2009

Mr. Robert Bay
Nova Scotia Freedom of Information and
Protection of Privacy Review Office
PO Box 181
Halifax, NS
B3J 2M4


Dear Mr. Bay:

Re: Your File FI-08-49(M) – My fax dated June 04, 2009 – Our phone conversations as of today and on June 16, 2009

Thank you for trying to speed up the processing of my file by forwarding it to “investigation” shortly.

As you know, I still have a major problem to understand why it took almost twelve months and my above reminder fax last month to have my file become noticed again.

When you then outlined to me today that your “rough estimate” would be an additional four to six months to receive the Review Officer’s recommendation, it did not brighten my day as well.

For sure, you have to follow the standard-procedure steps at your office but there cannot be much of an investigation about one blacked-out sentence on the document in question.

The mediation step thereafter does not make sense to me either. I want to know the wording of the blacked sentence and the Town of Wolfville does not want to provide it. To me there is no middle ground for any kind of mediation.

We both agreed that the reason the Town provided for the redaction that the sentence was “not relevant” finds no basis in any subsection of the MGA (Part XX) covering reasons for a refusal to disclose information.

You confirmed to me today that the Town provided you with the complete, unredacted version of the document approximately eleven months ago. And for sure you will have the missing yearly salaries for at least 2005 and 2006 on file as well.

Please try to help to get the Review Officer’s recommendation as soon as possible.

Thank you in advance.

Sincerely Yours,



Lutz E. Becker









No comments: