Sunday, August 2, 2009

B2. THE WOLFVILLE POLICE ISSUE

B2.:

LUTZ E. BECKER
Wolfville, NS.


August 26, 2008
Amnesty International Canada
Attn.: Hilary Homes
312 Laurier Ave. East
Ottawa, ON
K1N 1H9


Article in The Chronicle Herald on Aug. 14, 08 – My fax to Paul Kennedy on June 05, 08

Dear Hilary:

You were quoted in the article as above calling for a moratorium on stun guns for very good reasons.

In a paragraph about RESTRAINT - Risk of Death in Subjects That Resist – there was a comparison of Tasers with other methods the RCMP is using to subdue “difficult and/or mentally challenged” people.

My fax to the Commission for Public Complaints against the RCMP fits in right there.

As of today I have not got any response neither from Paul Kennedy nor from the Commission.

I firmly believe that the public in Canada does not know that the police force is using hollow-point bullets in their handguns and maybe rifles. All the people I spoke to found that very shocking as well.

Attached you will find a copy of my fax to Mr. Kennedy.

Looking forward to your opinion on this matter I remain with

best regards,


Lutz E. Becker

1 Attachment

No comments: