Sunday, August 2, 2009

C14. THIS MAYOR AND HIS ADMINISTRATION

C14.:

From: Jordan Calder
<mailto:095891t@acadiau.ca%20/%20_blank>
Subject: Re: Tyranny
To: leb.3999@yahoo.ca
Received: Wednesday, February 11, 2009, 7:59 PM

To Lutz Becker:

My name is Jordan Thompson-Calder, and I have been a resident of Wolfville for 6-years. Currently, I am a first-year student at Acadia University, and the News Editor for Acadia's campus paper, the Athenaeum. On the side, I've also been working on a blog of my own, and have actually linked to yours.

Suffice it to say, many Acadia students have read your pamphlet and/or blog post and are curious, so as News Editor I've decided to run a story on it. I've actually contacted Mayor Stead's office for a potential interview for him to rebut your statements, but His Worship was not so inclined, and only responded with a brief statement.
I'm wondering if you have time to conduct an interview, either in person or over the phone, or via e-mail or IM. Whatever you are comfortable with.
I plan on publishing an article that would contain an overview of your concerns, the statement (albeit a brief one) I got from Mayor Stead's office, and any statements you'd like to give in addition to what has all ready been posted.
Thanks in advance for your time, and please get back to me at your earliest convenience as we go to press late tomorrow night (short notice, I know.)
If this goes under and there isn't time for us to correspond and/or meet this week, then I'd be more than willing to publish the story later on.

Sincerely,

Jordan Calder
News Editor
The Athenaeum
http://www.theathonline.ca%20/%20_blank

No comments: